One Arizona Student Vote Coalition Coordinator
One Arizona is seeking a Student Vote Coalition (SVC) Coordinator to support the program management, civic engagement, campus organizing, grants management and membership needs of the coalition.
Student Vote & Campus Organizing
- Convene SVC meetings monthly
- Build and maintain relationships with campus administrators and other key stakeholders’ that promote SVC access on campuses
- Build and maintain relationships with current and potential SVC members
- Build and maintain relationships with current and potential national partners
- Support all goals setting and development, metrics creation, milestones and benchmarks alongside members
- Manage all campus turf designation processes and conflict resolution
- Act as a point person for the coalition to solve problems and issues that arise
- Distribute tool-kits, videos, and other supporting materials as needed
- Continue to build out in new school districts, replicating models created at
- Build access to regional community colleges
- Build access to universities and student organizations
- Support the Table and Deputy Director in reporting on SVC activities to corresponding grants
One Arizona was formed in 2010 as a direct response to the growing disenfranchisement of voters and to the attack on our Latino community in the form of SB1070. Five years now, One Arizona has worked under a successful collaborative format on civic engagement efforts in statewide, gubernatorial, and municipality based election seasons. The table members represent a broad tapestry of 501(c)3s focused on voter registration, voter engagement, voter mobilization, election protection, and issue advocacy.
This boom in the Latino population, combined with concerted and wide-ranging efforts to increase Latino voter registration and participation, have begun to shape the results the local, state and national elections.
The ideal candidate will express an interest in Arizona’s electoral and voting climate and take pride in building Latino political power. This person will have experience with civic engagement efforts including at least two (2) cycles of experience that includes grassroots organizing and field experience. The ideal candidate will be bilingual with strong English and Spanish writing skills.
Application posted February 6th and due February 16th, 2018.
This position is full time with a salary range of $32,000 to $40,000 per year, depending on experience and training.
To formally submit application for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org